When you log into your MPSToolbox account, you will see the dashboard first. From there, navigate to the Customer Management drop-down and select Client Settings. On the next page you can view existing customers and create new ones.
Using the Client Search dropdown, you can see the list of existing customers that have been created. There are two categories to pay attention to:
1. In Shopify: Customers have received the activation email. Note: they have not necessarily accepted the account activation or set their password yet.
2. Not in Shopify: Customers have not received the account activation email. Typically this is due to the dealer administrator forgetting to hit the “Sync to Shopify” button when creating the account. If the email address the dealer administrator used when creating the customer account was invalid (due to a typo), this may also occur.
To create a new client follow these instructions. While under Client Settings, click the green addition button in the top right corner. This will bring you to a page where you enter the client’s details. It is mandatory to fill out the following fields:
- First & Last Name
- Email Address
- Address, City, State/Province, Postal/Zip Code, and Country
- We recommend also completing the Company Name field
Once you have added that information, hit save. When this is done, you will be brought to a page where you can set a few more account details. If the pages don't happen to load, navigate to the Customer Management dropdown, click Client Settings and then search for the client in the Client Search dropdown and select them.
On this page, you will set their price level and transaction type. The transaction type can either be set to Credit Card (they will only have the ability to check out with a credit card) or Purchase Order (they still have the option to check out with a credit card but they can choose to submit a purchase order for invoicing instead).
After that, hit save. After the system saves, click the Sync to Shopify button. This will officially create the customer’s account in the system, and send your customer an account activation email. The customer must then follow the link in the email to set their new password. Them setting their new password will complete the account activation.
There are a few reasons why a customer might not receive an account activation email, such as:
- A typo in the customer’s email
- Email gets sent to their spam inbox
- The customer’s email server is blocking the email
Need to re-send an account invite? Learn More >